GA

Saturday, December 28, 2019

A Literary Christmas Anthology by The British Library



A Literary Christmas: An AnthologyA Literary Christmas: An Anthology by The British Library

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I received this book last Christmas as a gift from Audible and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I picked it up again this year at the end of the Christmas season as I realized I had not finished it and I was wrapping up my Goodreads Reading Challenge and wanted it “on the books”.

This is an anthology collection of poems, essays and excerpts from well-known literature, such as Dickens, Alcott, Wordsworth and Austen, that depict the Christmas Season.

The narration is excellent. Both readers have quite the dramatic flair and adapt their voices to the character, transitioning from British to American to German accents with fluidity. In fact, Juliet Stevenson sounds a bit like Emma Thompson.

I will be re-reading this next year. So lovely to hear these classics read aloud.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment