GA

Sunday, September 9, 2018

DavidsTea: a review

I'm a new devotee to herbal tea.

Lihsa's Reviews: DavidsTea
I joined a Muslim colleague in observing Ramadan. I am Catholic but wanted to experience and understand the season. This decision resulted in a long-term change in my eating habits.

One big change: I gave up caffeine.

Which brought me to herbal teas.

Caffeine-free, organic herbal teas

I am not talking about colorful cardboard boxes stuffed with little translucent packets.

These herbal teas from DavidsTeas, which I discovered through Elle Florence (@ElleFlorence), are full-bodied and robust.



I was introduced to DavidsTeas when I purchased their annual Advent Calendar--a charming collection of 40 different tea samples. These included black teas, green teas and herbal teas.

But now, as a caffeine-free follower, I am all about herbal teas.

DavidsTeas organic herbal tea offerings

DavidsTeas offers a wonderful diversity of herbal tea blends.

My developing palette has discovered a few:

Organic Cold 911: this is probably one of my favorites. It is meant to be medicinal but I enjoy the flavor. Filled with eucalyptus, peppermint and orange, it lifts the lid off my head.

Organic Earl Gray Rooibos: closely following is the organic, herbal take on a classic. With a touch of honey, this is perfect for Sunday mornings and a good book. This has rooibos, cornflower petals, bergamot and tangerine.

Organic Mother's Little Helper: another organic, this tea has valerian, nature's little Valium. Want to calm down? Have a sip. This tea contains peppermint, lemongrass, mibiscus, rosehips, chamomile, valerian root as well as cornflowers and peppermint flavoring.

Organic Super Ginger: if you like your teas spicy, this one's for you. With ginger, green rooibos, black pepper, white pepper and pink peppercorn, you will become your own Spice Girl.

And the list goes on and on ...

Be aware of the Teaware

Plus DavidsTeas offers great tea accessories: mugs, infusers, steepers, pitchers, teapots. But my favorite has to be the iced tea press. I actually bought mine from a DavidsTeam boutique in Chicago. The guy at the store was so great, he actually blended mine up for me so I made the trek back to the hotel sipping some refreshingly iced ginger tea. I was as cool as a cucumber!



A post shared by Lihsa (@lihsa) on

And keep an eye out for their sales and annual specials. Christmas will be coming soon so this is a great time to sample their wares with their Advent Calendar--plus it includes an in-store coupon if you are lucky enough to have a store near you. The calendar is not out yet but keep an eye out--it will probably be out in early November.



DavidsTea is based in Canada but has stores in the US--just not in Houston yet.

And remember, pinkies out!

No comments:

Post a Comment